Frequently Asked Questions
What kind of person should receive coaching?
Dr. A works with clients that are seeking more than just an average existence both professionally and personally; they want the best that life has to offer in every way. Individual coaching focuses on helping well-functioning individuals propel themselves to the next level. The process involves reflection, goal setting, and action designed to meet your highest level of potential.
You are likely a great candidate for coaching if:
- You want to connect and communicate with others in a more productive and effective manner.
- You feeling stuck and are looking for a way to gain momentum to live a higher quality of life.
- You struggle with making your own needs a priority and asserting your opinions.
- You overwhelmed by meeting the needs of others.
- You are ready to commit the time and resources necessary to move forward and make changes in your life.
What is the difference between coaching and therapy?
In therapy, there is an assumption that your symptoms are creating dysfunction in your life or that you need to be “fixed” in some way. Coaching is focused on working with functional people who want to become even better. With a concentration in positive psychology, coaching is a commitment to self-growth and improvement beyond that of the average person.